Parking Lot and Window Signs for Distracted Driving Awareness
Having signs placed around buildings or in parking lots can be a perfect way to promote awareness for distracted driving. Along with helping employee's is a good reminder for visitors that will see the signs. With the previous post that discussed implementing a policy for employees, signs or noticed should be put in place shortly after the policy is implemented.
Some things to know when buying signs:
- Some areas required signs to have reflective sheeting on them. Usually if the area is connected to a public road, reflective sheeting will need to be used on the sign.
- Aluminum signs are highly recommended because of their durability and are rust-proof. Plastic or paper printouts maybe be cheaper but won't last nearly as long
- Bold colors should be used as they are easier to read and signs placed on metal posts. (similar to what a street sign uses)
- Be sure to check with your city or police department to find out the proper rules for installing signage. Some areas require permits or permission before installation.
- Signs should be placed around entrances, exits, and near building doorways. This helps establish a clear vision of the policies.